SAFA reacts to FIFA’s verdict over frivolous protest against Ghana

Posted by

The South African Football Association (SAFA) has announced that it’ll consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest against Ghana after their 1-0 defeat in the final group G game of the 2022 FIFA World Cup a fortnight ago at the Cape Coast Stadium.

A decision signed by Carlos Sneider, Director of the FIFA judicial Bodies indicated that the protest lodged is ‘inadmissible’ as it did not meet the basic requirements for filling protests.

Reacting to the ruling from FIFA, SAFA CEO, Advocate Tebogo Monthlante said that SAFA will sit down and weigh its options once reasons for the outcome are revealed by FIFA.

“The South African Football Association (SAFA) will consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest following Bafana Bafana’s controversial 1-0 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana last month,” said SAFA in a statement issued by CEO Advocate Tebogo Monthlante on Friday.

“We have received the decision without details and we will request FIFA for the reasons and consider our options,” he added.

The ruling means that Ghana have advanced to the playoff stage of Africa’s 2022 Fifa World Cup qualifiers.

As it stands, Ghana is likely to face one of Algeria, Senegal, Morocco, Nigeria and Tunisia in the final qualifying round. The draw for the qualifying round will be held on January 22, 2022.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *