The Black Galaxies will leave the shores of Ghana on Thursday, July 26 for the second leg of the first round of the 2023 TotalEnergies African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers against Benin.
The local national team will make a short trip to Benin where they’ll face their Beninois counterparts in the second leg of the qualifiers on Saturday, July 30 at Stade Charles De Gaulles in Porto Novo at 4:00 pm.
Ghana won the first leg 3-0 at the Cape Coast Stadium on Sunday, courtesy goals from Hearts of Oak trio Daniel Afriyie Barnieh, Mohammed Alhassan and skipper Gladson Awako.
The Black Galaxies will be hoping to avoid losing by more than three goals in order to secure a place in the second round against bitterest rivals Nigeria.
The winner of the game will secure a place at the CHAN to be played in Algeria in 2003.
Ghana has failed to make the last three editions of the CHAN, losing to Burkina Faso in the last two editions.
Below is the Black Galaxies squad expected to make the trip to Benin:
- Abdulai Iddrisu – Bechem United
- Danlad Ibrahim – Asante Kotoko
- Stephen Kwaku – Great Olympics
- Augustine Randolph – Karela United
- Michael Ampadu- Legon Cities
- Dennis Korsah – Hearts of Oak
- Imoro Ibrahim – Asante Kotoko
- Emmanuel Adu-Siaw – Samartex FC
- Konadu Yiadom – WAFA
- Mohammed Alhassan – Hearts of Oak
- Samuel Osei Kuffuor – Bechem United
- Vincent Atinga – Medeama SC
- Henry Ainsu – Berekum Chelsea
- Maxwell Arthur – Dreams FC
- Dominic Nsobila – Accra Lions
- Kasim Razak- Great Olympics
- Suraj Seidu – Hearts of Oak
- Gladson Awako – Hearts of Oak
- Umar Bashiru – Karela United
- David Abagna – Real Tamale United (RTU)
- Jonas Attuquaye – Legon Cities
- Evans Osei Owusu- Tema Youth
- Maxwell Abbey Quaye – Great Olympics
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh – Hearts of Oak
- Isaac Mintah – New Edubiase
- Agyenim Boateng Mensah- Dreams FC