The local national team, the Black Galaxies will resume camping on Monday, August 15, 2022 for preparations for the 2023 TotalEnergies African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers against bitterest rivals Nigeria.
The Black Galaxies broke camp a fortnight ago after their 4-0 aggregate win against Benin in the first round of the qualifiers. Ghana won the first leg 3-0 in Cape Coast and the second leg 1-0 in Porto Novo.
The team after a 2-week break will resume camping tomorrow for the final qualifying round games against Nigeria, with 24 players expected to report to camp.
Following Ibrahim Imoro’s move to Sudanese fold Al-Hilal Omdurman, the left-back is ineligible to feature in the games, leaving the technical team with Hearts of Oak’s Dennis Korsah and Samartex’s Emmanuel Adu Siaw as left-back options.
The games against Nigeria will be played on August 28 in Ghana and September 3rd in Nigeria.
The winner of the tie will secure a place at the 2023 CHAN tournament to be played in Algeria next year.
Ghana has failed to make the last three editions of the CHAN, losing to Burkina Faso in the last two editions.
Below is the Black Galaxies squad expected to report to camp tomorrow:
- Abdulai Iddrisu – Bechem United
- Danlad Ibrahim – Asante Kotoko
- Stephen Kwaku – Great Olympics
- Augustine Randolph – Karela United
- Michael Ampadu- Legon Cities
- Dennis Korsah – Hearts of Oak
- Emmanuel Adu-Siaw – Samartex FC
- Konadu Yiadom – WAFA
- Mohammed Alhassan – Hearts of Oak
- Samuel Osei Kuffuor – Bechem United
- Vincent Atinga – Medeama SC
- Henry Ainsu – Berekum Chelsea
- Dominic Nsobila – Accra Lions
- Kasim Razak- Great Olympics
- Maxwell Arthur – Dreams FC
- Suraj Seidu – Hearts of Oak
- Gladson Awako – Hearts of Oak
- Umar Bashiru – Karela United
- David Abagna – Real Tamale United (RTU)
- Jonnah Attuquaye – Legon Cities
- Evans Osei Owusu- Tema Youth
- Maxwell Abbey Quaye – Great Olympics
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh – Hearts of Oak
- Agyenim Boateng Mensah- Dreams FC